Competition: Win To Kill a Mockingbird 50th Anniversary Blu-ray! -NOW CLOSED-
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the cinematic classic To Kill a Mockingbird, Universal Pictures UK has released a commemorative Limited Edition Collector’s Series Blu-ray of the landmark film. Available from today, 13 February 2012, the digitally remastered and restored adaptation of Harper Lee’s Pulitzer Prize winning novel is loaded with over three and a half hours of bonus features, including two feature-length documentaries. The hardcover digibook packing also includes exclusive movie memorabilia including script pages with Gregory Peck’s handwritten notes, storyboards, poster art and much more.
Voted the 25th greatest American film in 2007 by the American Film Institute, To Kill a Mockingbird features the renowned Gregory Peck in a career-defining role as Atticus Finch, a Southern lawyer in the 1930s fighting for equality and tolerance in the midst of hardened racism. The role finally secured Peck his sole Oscar gong for best actor following four earlier nominations. In 2003, Peck’s portrayal of Finch was voted as the greatest hero in American films by the AFI. To Kill a Mockingbird also features the silver-screen debut of Robert Duvall, as the mysterious Boo Radley. For both fans of this heralded work and the uninitiated alike, there is no finer way to experience it in the comfort of your own home than with this Limited Edition Collector’s Series Blu-ray.
Luckily for you, our valued readers, we’ve got 3 chances for you to win a copy of this celluloid masterpiece. All you need to do is answer the following question:
How many Academy Awards did Gregory Peck win during his career?
There are two ways to enter: 1. comment with the correct answer below and/or 2. Retweet the competition tweets from @LondonFilmFan on Twitter (be sure to follow, too). The winner will be randomly selected from all correct entries received by midnight Monday 20 February. This competition is for UK entrants only, apologies to everyone else.
Now check out the details of what you could win:
To Kill a Mockingbird 50th Anniversary Edition
Blu-ray™ Bonus Features:
- Fearful Symmetry— A feature-length documentary on the making of To Kill a Mockingbird with cast and crew interviews and a visit to author Harper Lee’s home town.
- A Conversation with Gregory Peck— An intimate feature-length documentary on one of the most beloved actors in film history with interviews, film clips, home movies and more.
- 100 Years of Universal: Restoring the Classics— An in-depth look at the film restoration process
- Academy Award® Best Actor Acceptance Speech— Gregory Peck’s speech after winning the Academy Award® for his performance as Atticus Finch.
- American Film Institute Life Achievement Award— Gregory Peck’s memorable remarks upon receiving the AFI Life Achievement Award.
- Excerpt from “Tribute To Gregory Peck”— Cecilia Peck’s heartwarming farewell to her father given at the Academy in celebration of his life.
- Scout Remembers— Actress Mary Badham shares her experiences working with Gregory Peck.
- Feature Commentary with Director Robert Mulligan and Producer Alan Pakula
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Cast: Gregory Peck, Robert Duvall, Brock Peters, Mary Badham, John Megna, Rosemary Murphy, William Windom
Directed By: Robert Mulligan
Screenplay By: Horton Foote fom the novel by Harper Lee
Running Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Picture: Black and White
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 1.85:1
Rating: Not Rated
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish
Sound: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / DTS 2.0 Mono, French DTS 2.0 Mono